A child-centered play environment that encourages natural social interaction and long term friendships.
It is universal knowledge that children love to play. Parents sometimes discourage play, thinking that it is a waste of time. However, when effectively managed, play-time is key to unlocking important cognitive, language and socialization skills. The Integrated Play Group is an empirically validated model for increasing peer socialization, communication and play participation that works for children both with and without autism. The IPG® Model was developed by Pamela Wolfberg, Ph.D, in the late 1980s. It is now widely applied at the school and community levels in different countries including the US, Canada, Germany, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Singapore.
• 1 hour per week (combined with 2 hour school-time program)
• With siblings or peers of child
• Child-centered play with guidance from our special needs therapists
• Foster spontaneous, mutually enjoyed and reciprocal play among children on autism spectrum and typical peers
• Expand and diversify novice player’s social and symbolic play repertoire
• Enable novice and expert players to mediate play activities with minimal adult guidance
• Increases child’s motivation and enjoyment of social engagement
• Build relationships with peers/siblings through play experience
• Improves emotional and behavioral self-regulation
• Develops important socio-cognitive sub-skills like imitation and joint attention
• Develops language and communication skills
We are delighted to be the first autism service provider in Hong Kong and Singapore that is directly trained by Pamela Wolfberg, the founder of the award-winning social treatment program Integrated Play Groups® (IPG). We are officially listed as a provider of IPG®s (in training) in Asia. The standards of IPG® are upheld by the close supervision and consultation of Dr Wolfberg with our team of therapists.
Call +62 (21) 6660 3567 | Email info @ autismrecovery.asia | Or enquire below: