Dr. Partington oversees and steers the application and advancement of the ABA‐VB methodology in our curriculum development. He also trains our staff in the clinical practices of ABA‐VB on a regular basis.
He is the author of the ABLLSTM‐R and co‐author of Teaching Language to Children with Autism or Other Developmental Disabilities. He has over 40 years of clinical experience in language‐based intervention with children with autism. Dr. Partington has dedicated his life to helping children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) or other developmental delays. His expertise is in language-based intervention, helping children develop the basic language and learning skills they need for everyday interactions with others. He is the developer of the ABLLS-R, pioneering the inclusion of verbal behavior into applied behavioral analysis.
Dr. Partington is a licensed psychologist and Doctoral-level Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA-D). He has more than 40 years of experience working with children with developmental disabilities, and operates the Strategic Teaching and Reinforcement System (STARS) Clinic.
Prior to founding Behavior Analysts, Dr. Partington taught undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral level courses in psychology and behavioral disciplines at educational facilities across North America and Canada, including:
- Valdosta State College, Valdosta, Georgia
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Mount Saint Vincent University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Chabot College, Hayward, California
- College of Alameda, Alameda, California
- St. Mary’s College, Moraga, California
- The University of San Francisco, San Francisco, California
- Getting Started: Developing Critical Learning Skills for Children on the Autism Spectrum
- Capturing the Motivation of Children with Autism or Other Developmental Delays
- Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills - Revised (ABLLS-R): An assessment, curriculum guide and skills tracking system for children with autism or other developmental disabilities
- Co-Author: Teaching Language to Children with Autism or Other Developmental Disabilities
- Co-Author: Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills: an assessment for language delayed students
- Co-Author: Overcoming an Autistic Child’s Failure to Acquire a Tact Repetoire, Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis
- Co-Author: Teaching Intraverbal Behavior to Preschool Children, The Analysis of Verbal Behavior
- DVD - The Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills-Revised (ABLLS-R)
- DVD - Introduction to Teaching Language to Children with Autism or Other Developmental Disabilities